Friday, September 6, 2013

My Fall Bucket List/ Introducing Fall Fridays!

Kids are back to school, the air is getting crisper and before you know it we will see leaves falling from the trees, that's right folks, fall is here! Well pretty much. It's still "technically" summer until September 22nd, but once September hits, I consider it the Fall season, and I love it.

It's the best weather, not too warm, not too cold. There's lots of fun flavors: apple, pumpkin, cinnamon. It's the time for warm drinks and clothes, but you can still go outside and enjoy it. There's just so much to do in the Fall: hayrides, apple-picking, corn-mazes and so many more. And this Fall, I want to do it all! Well as many as I can. Which is why I'm making a Fall Bucket List, filled with activities. Ideally I want to do them all, but realistically, know that I'm too broke/lazy to do them all, so I'm going to try and do one every Friday.

Also, since a lot of them have to do with food and fruit-picking, I'm going to post a recipe that corresponds with the activity-bringing you Fall Friday Posts. :) Since it is Friday now, and it's also about an hour away from me having to go to work, I'm going to say that this one isn't going to involve a fun activity or recipe. But this will be the one where I lay out my bucket list for you.

My Fall Bucket List:

  • Pick and carve a pumpkin.
  • Go apple-picking.
  • Eat an apple-cider donut. If you're asking what an apple cider donut is, I can tell you that you haven't lived yet and the only good way to answer this is to eat one ASAP!
  • Go on a hayride.
  • Make a pile of leaves and jump in it.
  • Go through a corn-maze.
  • Go for a hayride.
  • Decorate for Halloween.
  • Eat Candy-corn/pumpkins
  • Buy a new scarf (This should be fun to try and find how a recipe will relate...)
  • Watch Halloweentown 
  • Go to a farm or petting zoo.
  • Go through a Haunted House.
  • Drink a pumpkin-spice latte.
  • Go for a long walk through the leaves.
  • Make an autumn wreath with things I've collected myself: pinecones, etc.
  • Press leaves
  • Make a scarecrow
  • Hot Chocolate, lots and lots of hot chocolate!
  • Do Black Friday shopping!
So that's my fall bucket list. What's yours? Leave me a comment below telling me some of your favorite fall activities, or some you've never tried on your fall bucket list this upcoming Autumn. Thanks for reading! Have a great day and try to stay warm as the cold weather approaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment