Meet the Baker Behind the Blog
Hi! My name's Erika I'm 19 years old and I'm the baker behind this little baking blog. I've just recently started this blog out of my love for baking and wanted to share my passion with others.
16 Random Facts About Me:
- I am very interested in numbers. I like looking for repeating numbers, patterns, etc. I don't know why I just find it interesting. I'm pretty sure that's an OCD thing, but whatever. Mr. Monk would tell me it's a gift...and a curse. I don't like odd numbers, and my favorite number is 16-hence 16 random facts about myself.
- I'm a Walt Disney fanatic. I see hidden Mickeys all the time, I could tell you very obscure facts about any of his movies, Ex: Did you know that Snow White's Prince's name is Ferdinand? The Beast's name is really Adam, Walt Disney played Peter Pan in his school play and many more. I just love the feeling you get when you watch a Disney movie, go the Disney World, or just simply when you are in the Disney Store (which until I actually went to Disney World, thought was Disney World...I was an easy to please child...)- like anything's possible. He believed it and look what he did.
- I cannot whistle. You can show me you whistling as much as you want, but 19 years later it still doesn't help me to.
- I can however, touch my nose with tongue. Whenever I do any icebreaker and they ask for an interesting fact about yourself, I usually say this one. What? I haven't been to any foreign place, I don't have a twin, and that's the talent I have, don't judge.
- Christmas is my favorite time of year. Not the day itself, but December 1st through the 24th, I love the feeling in the air. People searching for the perfect gift for their loved ones, kids waiting for Santa, the first snowfall, it all gives you a feeling of love, hope and magic, that is encouraged by the masses. I just love it. I love making paper-snowflakes, candy-cane hearts, and every Christmas activity you can think of. "Christmas makes everything softer." (100 points for you, if know what that's from.)
- I'm right-handed but brush my teeth with my left. Hey, I said these were random ahead of time...
- I love ice cream. It's my absolute favorite food and I eat it all year round. In the summer, I'll down it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There's not much I wouldn't do for a Klondike bar, and while Cookie Dough is my favorite flavor I will eat any kind and the only favor I don't really enjoy is Rocky Road. That being said, if it's the only kind around I wouldn't leave it unattended with me... It's always the item I pick for my hypothetical last meal. I couldn't live without it.
- I also love candy. Not as much as my affinity for ice cream and I could probably live without it, but please don't give me a scenario where that happens.
- I rank french toast, waffles and pancakes in that order but I love the chocolate chip version of all three.
- Watching television is my sport of choice. What? A sport is "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." I'm pretty sure I have to exert myself to get the big television competing against my family, and it is for entertainment...
- My favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz and I love the TBS marathons, I'll watch it back to back to back, all weekend long.
- I don't like feet. At all, I very rarely wear flip-flops, and when people touch me with their feet or get their bare feet anywhere near me I flip out.
- I love animals. Going to the aquarium, zoo, farm etc, are all favorite pastimes of mine. I not-so-secretly judge you if you like to hunt or fish. Fish are friends, not food.
- I always wear my glasses and don't own contacts, sticking things in my eyes really freaks me out. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Rachel goes to the eye doctor? I make her seem mellow.
- I like clothes that can double as pajamas and vice-versa, AKA yoga pants, cotton shorts, sweats, etc. It has to be a really good day for you to not find me wearing something like that.
- I've loved to bake since I was a kid, and my grandmother taught me how. The first thing I baked on my own was a Betty-Crocker brownie mix when I was ten for a surprise for my parents for Valentine's Day.
|Me as Dorothy!|
|The Candy Queen|
|My Blizzard of Paper-snowflakes|
|You think I'm cute? Aww get otter here! ;)|
|Birthday Lunch of Champions!|